Friday, April 01, 2016

Natural selection also has an activator


Evolutionary scientists are sure that natural selection does not really have a mover, or as I call it an activator. Traits are “naturally selected” over many generations of choice based on what is successful in survival and reproduction with no individual agency. But I don't limit evolution to that alone, and I do see a teleological “agency” that works along with the generational choices made in natural selection, which I call the material Spirit-Will-To-Godhood---a term that some find unwieldy but which I require so that the old idea of “spirituality” can be included as being material, or supermaterial. Life is evolving toward Godhood this way, with many starts and stops along the way, gently, perhaps, guided by the Spirit-Will within, along with the outside cruder elements of natural  evolution. I expect that this will be affirmed one day by science.

No comments:

Post a Comment