Tuesday, October 29, 2019

I don't fear the deepest instinct, I consider it sacred, and it needs to be unblocked


Both Nietzsche and Burke wrote of the fear of the instincts and passions when unmediated by reason or morality. Burke feared the deepest instincts if unmediated by traditional religious morality, but Nietzsche wanted to give the instincts and passions more free Dionysian reign.

I think of the deepest passion and deepest instinct as the activating will to Godhood within material life, which I call the “Super-Id,” or “Tirips.” It is the combined instincts seeking to evolve in the material world to supermaterial Godhood, activating within life toward supreme success in survival and reproduction, while also engaged in the ups and downs of outside natural selection and genetic evolution.

The activating Super-Id, or Tirips, is not chaotic or Dionysian and not religiously ascetic, and it is not over-controlling in the paths taken among several determined paths, like a boulder rolling down a mountain.

So I don't fear the deepest instinct, I consider it sacred, and it needs to be unblocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment