Saturday, September 15, 2012

Evolutionary Realism


I prefer the ancient Greek attitude of not pitying the hero, but affirming the knowledge of the price paid for heroism. That is not to say I don't occasionally wallow in pity, but the point is I call it “wallowing” and not wonderful pity. This seems like a matter of taste, but it also may have to do with my Northern European heritage.

Can an artist combine the classical view of representing reality, mimesis, with the romantic view of self-expression? I think so, and I call it “evolutionary realism.”   This can harmonizes with sociobiological Ordered Evolution and political Revitalized Conservatism.

The mission is very long term, to evolve all the way to Godhood in the cosmos, and progress needs to be balanced with order so that the various positive cultural and genetic gains can be retained before evolving ever forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment