Saturday, March 26, 2011

Why I Am A Revitalized Conservative

Order comes first, evolution comes second. Without order, changes are usually anarchic or chaotic, and the changes don't last. But without change, order stagnates.

Religiously I consider myself a traditional Catholic first, in affirming the Involutionary Inward Path, and politically I consider myself a paleoconservative, not a revolutionary. And second, I consider myself Evolutionary, in affirming the Evolutionary Outward Path, with the goal of evolving to Godhood. This is the Twofold Path of Evolutionary Christianity.

We can't have one without the other.  Without order we have chaos, without change we stagnate. I believe that Godhood cannot be attained without evolving to Godhood, and my mission is to proclaim this. But without order we can't retain beneficial evolutionary mutations, or keep away detrimental devolutionary mutations.

The middle-class stands for order and not change, which is why they can be so hard on creative people. But order comes first, which is why I support the middle class.

I myself tend to be an evolutionary thinker, and I do pay for this by being more or less an outsider from both the church and from conservatism. Even so, I feel that I can take the heat because I know change and evolution have to come without destroying the order.  Ordered Evolution is the concept I work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment