Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More on idealistic materialism

I am suspicious of things that seem independent of experience, like “pure logic.” Pure logic has its place but not as a religion or a God.

The bridge between consciousness and the external world is not closed, as philosophers have often said it was. The external world exits even in the supermaterial Spirit-Will, so idealism is not “pure” here or trapped in the solipsism of the “ego.”

I don't as yet see a place for the so-called “ego” since I think the Soul-Mind works better in its place. I see the Soul, not the ego, as the zenith of the mind, the mediator of the mind and body.

The Soul, like the ego, is not saying “I” think therefore “I” am,” as the solipsistic ego supposedly says; a better term is “I am therefore I think,” or even better, “ I am here therefore to evolve to Godhood.”

The Spirit-Will is both immanent as a supermaterial substance and object, and transcendent in the sense of an “ideal” future goal. But this is more like idealistic materialism, or theological materialism, because we can see the goal through an immanent intellectual intuition. The Spirit-Will is a phenomenal substance, supermaterial, so we never really depart from the material object.

As the Soul-Mind takes over the spot of the ego, the Spirit-Will takes over much of the standard definition of the Soul. It is the Spirit-Will that has its ancestry back to the beginning of the present world and worlds before that, from which it descended. The Spirit-Will is the central “instinct” which the Soul has to take into account when it mediates and integrates the world like the old ego..

No comments:

Post a Comment