Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Illuminate Don't Complicate Philosophy

Regarding phenomenology, while I value what, eg. Husserl and Heidegger were trying to do, I distrust them. I think of something Russell Kirk said about poetry needing to illuminate not complicate.

I think knowledge comes in two basic ways, both of them from the senses, that is, of the material or supermaterial.

We see with our senses, we relate this to what is in our minds and memories which originally came from the senses, we also have input from the Will To Godhood or Spirit Within which is the only purely indwelling thing we have, and then we synthesize this all in the final assessment.  I have called these the four givens.

Of these the Will To Godhood or Spirit-Will is the most important or central instinct. But even the Spirit is of the material as supermaterial.

This means that science and empiricism should be able to access all of this, even the Will To Godhood which at this time is intuitively known and unseen or unknown by science. Science may also have to widen its techniques.

It seems to me that oversimplification is more noble than over-complication.

No comments:

Post a Comment