Friday, January 05, 2018

The older "out of Africa" scenario


It still seems to me that it was "out of Africa" for pre-human ancestors, like Homo erectus. Then the evolution of the various subspecies or races in various climates that the pre-humans migrated to, with inter-mating between them here and there. Then at some point it was back to Africa for a now modern human, who then later migrated out of Africa again (perhaps this would then be the real "out of Africa" migration of anatomically modern humans. ) Or maybe Cro Magon's came from the West, as some have suggested, having evolved somewhere else entirely, and then migrated east. I don't have the dates or DNA proof for this, this is not my field---but obviously that never stops me from speculating.

What I see now on this subject just doesn't feel right, there is too much fear, or politics, in the interpretation of data... I am willing to change this old idea when something else looks and feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment