Thursday, June 26, 2014

The multiple meanings of Civilizing The Beast


The title of this blog first of all relates to the evolution of man from prehuman to human, and projects our evolution outward toward the zenith of evolution, defined as Godhood.

Another meaning is related to the Beast as it has been conversely defined as the hypertrophied Materialism of Satan.  The Twofold Path takes the deeply negative view of materialism necessary to experience the God Within in the Inward Path and transforms it in the Outward Path, seeing materialism in the Outward Path as the only vehicle by which we evolve to real supermaterial Godhood. The ascetic discipline of the traditional Inward Path seeks only the God Within or the Father Within and usually defines Satan as the source of the materialism which needs to be blocked to symbolically experience the God Within.

But rather than rejecting the traditional Inward Path, it is included in the Twofold Path, as having been the first symbolic experience of the real Godhood reached in material and supermaterial evolution.  In this I affirm a conservatism that  includes change and evolution, rather than radicalism.

I ignore or cut the old Gordian Knot of occult maneuverings, symbol-creating, and Satanic invention, which has been mainly based in seeking the God Within in the Inward Path---or rebelling against it. The real “alchemical” transformation is accomplished in the material and supermaterial evolution to Godhood---who has that unobscured knowledge?

My blog is controversial, but I have a good audience, and I don't talk down to them. I challenge my readers and expect them to have the adventure with me. Subscribers and supporters rise and fall, usually depending on how volatile the subject is, but a slowly rising group remains, which I am grateful for.
 
( I should mention, I think I saw the term “Civilizing the Beast” first in Nietzsche's writings, but I know William Butler Yeats used it, and he may have created the term. )

No comments:

Post a Comment