Thursday, February 10, 2011

Essence and Existence As One Real Object

To give “essences,” described as such things as numbers that exist whether there is a world or not, equal or higher value than contingent existing things, is a value system that bothers me. This is what I call the idolatry of denotation or definition. Reducing a thing to its “eidos” or essence, such as the essence or number defining trees in general, is an essence that does not exist in reality and therefore it has far less value than the real thing.

I do not even define Godhood or Being with this sort of essence-definition, this defines a God that does not exist. Godhood exists as a Real Supermaterial Object. When I use the term “essence” I mean the thing-subject, as the Spirit-Within, which is not merely a definition but an existing supermaterial object or dynamis.  Existence and essence are one existing object. When I use the term existence, I mean the in-itself-object, which is the actual body within which the Spirit-essence dwells; this is the thing-in-itself.

Idealism for me is the presupposition, derived from intellectual intuition, that we are evolving in the material and supermaterial world to Godhood, the Supreme-Thing-In-Itself, activated by the Spirit Within or Will To Godhood. Godhood is not a number or denotation but a Real Supermaterial Object. This leads to the term idealistic naturalism, or theological materialism. I think this intellectual intuition is derived from sense experience, but a sort of sixth sense from the Spirit-Within. So it is a weak sort of idealism defined as that which is not fully known, yet derived from and existing as a material object.

No comments:

Post a Comment