Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Artificial Life And Real Life

We can assume Relativity is true if we assume we can travel near the speed of light, which may or may not be possible. These are mathematical assumptions, equations, denotations. My problem is not with the math, my problem is making a God out of artificial definitions over the real living object.

Is this anti-intellectual? No, it is anti making a God of artificial numbers. Since I have not seen the Godhood I affirm why is not my definition as imaginary as the thought experiments proving Relativity? The difference may seem small but it is vital. I insist on the real living, material-supermaterial object Godhood and not the artificial mathematics or metaphysics of God, I even admit the term “idealistic realism” or theological materialism, to indicate the involvement of faith in the unknown..

This is not a rejection of mathematics or of artificial life, it is a rejection of the worship of artificial life over real life. These values have consequences regarding technology and machines used to advance ourselves, and the idea of “singularity, when men and machines are equal in intelligence. We do not want to become machines. The living object, the body is sacred, it is the material vehicle by which we evolve to Godhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment