Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Middle


Someone said the progressive movement wipes out the past and the conservative movement kills the future. I think of Revitalized Conservatism in the middle between libertarian/populist ideas and the importance of a light protecting federalism of economic nationalism. I believe in fair and free markets but I don't think an unfettered free market can solve all our social problems, far from it.  I reject the present centralization in agreeing with Richard Weaver that widely distributed ownership of small private property is a barrier against the encroaching state and against rampaging capitalism. I don't believe in mono-racial imperialism but I do believe in plural-racial independent states, even ethnostates, with their variety and independence protected by light federalism, which could work in accord with the U.S. Constitution. I also seek a bonding of traditional religion with evolutionary science as I see mankind evolving toward Godhood in the cosmos.  Does this sound too complicated? I think it avoids simple stereotyping and it is in accord with real human nature, as traditional human nature is more or less defined by both religion and sociobiology.  I am a patriotic American and I think this kind of revitalized conservatism could save America from decline. I also think this worldview could be healthy for Europe, Russia, China, Africa, etc---but of course this would not at all include our meddling in their affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment