Friday, May 20, 2011

Hip Hop, Rappers, and the Gentleman

Modern day Rousseauns (modern liberals) seem to welcome Hip Hop and rap culture because they seem to prefer the obscene nursery rhymes of the “innocent primitive” "uncorrupted" by Western civilization and its evils. If Hip hop and rap culture had its own independent ethnostate I wouldn't have much of a problem with it, but I prefer more the culture of the Gentleman. 

I am not talking here about simpering, over-civilized fops when I speak of the Gentleman, I am talking about the fundamental idea of "gentry" symbolized in his grant of coat-armor, and his superiority as a fighting man, and I'm taking about unsurpassed Western civilization.

Since evolution is a central root of my worldview I am obviously not against change or new things, but my kind of evolutionary conservatism synthesizes the new into the old. Ordered evolution is the term I use for change and stability, not anarchy.

During the Dark Ages in Europe anarchic barbarians overcame what was then civilization, and it took well over a thousand years to turn the barbarians into European and English gentleman. Assuming you prefer the gentleman, we might have to wait awhile before Hip Hoppers and rappers to become Gentleman.

There is not necessarily a racial component to being a Gentleman, white barbarians who preceded the Dark Age seem to have been at least as barbarian as Hip Hoppers and rappers but they eventually became Gentleman through the evolution of nurture and nature and the development of ethnostates.

No comments:

Post a Comment