Friday, July 16, 2010

I Am Therefore I Think

Descartes said "I think therefore I am," but I think it would be more to my liking to say, I am therefore I think. This apotheosis of the mind, of mathematics, of symbols, of the spirit, is a mathematicians will to power, a disappearing game of intellect. I say, back to the object, back to the material world, back to the supermaterial world of Godhood, the Supreme Object, and if this be idealism, than so be it, it is an idealism with its feet on the ground. Intellectual intuition is not opposed to reason it is an addition to  reason.

When Plato and his followers (and others in the East) began to speak of the "perishable world" of substance and appearance and the "unchanging world" of "pure knowledge" they began this charade. Back to the object, I say, which is only secondarily explained by pure knowledge, whether pure knowledge exists unchanging or not. A tree dies but this death does not make it less than the description of the tree, even if the description does not die. The object, the life, is far more important than the definition of life.

Theory and understanding are greater when they exist in reality than if they exist in theory only. The Object Godhood in the Theoevolutionary Church is greater than the theory or definition or understanding of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment