Saturday, May 12, 2018

I don't think I'm alone in wanting to see civilization return in both high and low culture


An article by Taki on the "gentleman" (Chronicles, May 2018) reminded me of past thoughts I've had on the gentleman.

If hip hop and and rap culture had their own independent state I doubt if I would have much to say about it, but they have been widely promoted in the whole country by the big and small media and have taken over popular culture the way Europe was taken over by barbarians in the Dark Ages. It then took over a thousand years to turn the barbarians back into European gentlemen.

When I say "gentleman" I'm not talking about a simpering over-civilized fop, I am talking about the old gentry, with good manners and a fighting spirit, a balance between the warrior and a cultured gentleman---which they still might teach in some out of the way school in the South. Taki reminds us that good manners are not a superficial thing, they serve a moral purpose, they illustrate that one is willing to put others first---which not only harmonizes with religion but with the preference for group-selection in real human nature for successful survival and reproduction.

But it's not just rap and hip hop. I don't affirm empires at all, but compare the gentlemen who ran the British empire with the neoconservatives who run the American empire. The Neos prefer cunning to courage, dual loyalties take the place of patriotism, making money is more important than morals principles, and the code of an eye for an eye is preferred to the code of the gentleman. Or think of modern country music stars, most of them act the exact opposite of the Southern gentleman, full of swaggering arrogance, glorifying drunkenness and promiscuity, frankly, acting like Black rappers.

What happened? The Big Media happened, promoting constant attacks against the traditional American people and traditional American culture in music, movies, television, portraying the gentleman as a fool or even as evil. Most of the producers of this junk are from New York or Los Angeles and could care less about the rest of the county.

I don't think I'm alone in wanting to see civilization return in both high and low culture. But distinctive people or ethnic groups make distinctive cultures, and for that I'm politically incorrect enough to say an ethnopluralism of ethnostates is necessary. Otherwise we continue to fall like the Roman and British Empires.

No comments:

Post a Comment