Saturday, May 24, 2014

How I Am A Conservative


When I compare the pioneering views seen here to Russell Kirk's fundamental definition of Conservatism, as recently remembered by Clyde Wilson (Modern Age, Winter 2014), for the most part we align with Kirk's view, in our Ordered Evolution, the Ethnopluralism Hypothesis, Revitalized Conservatism, and perhaps with Theological Materialism, and the Twofold Path:

In the affirmation of the original American Constitution I defer to custom and older Western wisdom, as much as to rational speculation. I understand that change should be cautiously approached with the affirmation of Ordered Evolution. I avoid being “provincial in time” by going even further back to our Pleistocene past, where we evolved the human nature we still have today, and also by thinking seriously about our sociobiological responsibility to the future. I take in earnest the warnings by our Founders about avoiding entangling foreign alliances, for example, in affirming Economic Nationalism. And this is unlike the neoconservatives, who are not conservative, in using big government and armed force for nefarious purposes around the world. I value variety, which is so important to real evolution, in affirming an ethnopluralism that can be legally accommodated by the separation of powers and states in the original Constitution, which actually protects variety, unlike multiculturalism which seeks homogenization into a motley non-culture. I think government should be small and the private sphere large. But I am progressive in the following ways: in thinking there is a necessity for objective international sociobiological research institutes, voluntarily applied toward enhancing our survival and our future evolution. And finally, I value the order of nature, especially in its evolutionary aspects, in that we evolve in nature to Godhood materially and supermaterially.  The Twofold Path relates to the past traditional religious tradition which first glimpsed symbolically the God Within as a hint of the Godhood evolved to in the cosmos. I believe with Ordered Evolution we can now consciously help nature evolve toward the higher evolution it has so far only unconsciously been moving toward, activated by Tirips, and shaped by outside selection and evolution.

This is how I am a conservative.

No comments:

Post a Comment