Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Objective Reality

I can more or less affirm Objectivism's axioms of existence, in the sense of “that which has no attributes does not and cannot exist. Hence, the axiom of identity: a thing is what it is.” I can agree too that the mind cannot create reality, but rather, it is a means of discovering reality. And I think I can affirm "the primacy of existence", in opposition to the theory of "the primacy of consciousness.” But I do affirm the primacy of the activating Spirit Within, or the Spirit-Will-To-Godhood. The Evolutionary Christian Church can reject belief in every power alleged to transcend existence. But we hold that God is at the Zenith of Existence, and as natural objects in nature we can evolve to become Godhood. This is the theological materialism of future religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment